With over ten thousand players using Epic Soccer Training, from over 100 countries, it would seem to be a comprehensive and valuable soccer training program. But is it?
Following is a brief outline of what this soccer program covers, and an honest review of the program, its benefits and areas for improvement.
So what is Epic Soccer Training?
It’s a unique soccer program developed by Matt Smith, a former Adidas All-American Player.
The program caters for beginners, and also those who have already mastered basic soccer skills, to help them become better players. It’s based on individual training, to help soccer players improve their skills on their own, outside the typical team environment.
Matt Smith created the course based on skills he learned from some of the best soccer coaches in the world. It helps soccer players to improve their ball control, dribbling, passing and shooting, as well as improve their overall soccer intelligence. It’s fair to say most players would not have access to this type of training, and will learn soccer drills they wouldn’t learn anywhere else.
The program content consists of a PDF workbook, and four modules each with a series of videos that provide an outline of each soccer drill, and practical details on how to do it. The practical nature of the program make it easy for players to apply the skills learned in games.
There is 4 hours and 40 minutes of video content, providing plenty of demonstrations on the individual soccer skills, as well as a couple of classroom lessons to improve your overall understanding of the game, and help you play smarter.
Overview of the Main Features
- The program comes with a 77-page workbook, which provides the outline of the soccer program, as well as useful background information about the course and how to get the most out of it
- There are four modules, each with its own videos to demonstrate the various soccer skills. The videos provide players with a step-by-step guide to mastering soccer skills like ball control, dribbling, passing and shooting.
- Most videos are around 5-6 minutes each, with the exception of the classroom sessions which are closer to 15 minutes each.
- There are 19 videos in Module One (The Rock), lasting one hour and three minutes
- Modules Two (The Cup), Three (The Factory) and Four (The Vault) have a similar structure to Module One but vary in length (1 hr 19 mins for Module Two; 1 hr 50 mins for Module Three; and 26 mins for Module 4)
- There are additional videos that cover general knowledge on how to play soccer, and positional play
- Plus there are bonus modules that cover soccer conditioning, and the importance of nutrition
Benefits of Epic Soccer Training
By far the biggest benefit is that it has been designed as a complete soccer training system. Each module builds on the one before, so that players develop a base foundation of skills before progressing to more advanced skills.
The modules are presented in an extensive, clear and concise manner, and is the ideal program for those wanting to learn how to play soccer the right way.
The fact it’s been designed and created by a former professional soccer player with Matt Smith’s experience and awards adds to the credibility of the program.
Matt demonstrates the soccer drills himself, unlike other soccer training programs where coaches provide an overview, and leave younger players who are still learning the moves to demonstrate them.
The program also comes with a 100% money back guarantee, so there’s no risk at all.
Areas for Improvement
The main downside is that the videos cannot be downloaded onto your computer, and you have to watch them online.
The program is not suitable for coaches looking for a set-and-forget training program for their team. It can certainly be used to supplement team training, with great success, but it is not a replacement for team practice sessions.
In summary, Epic Soccer Training is the number one soccer training program out there.
If your desire is to learn how to play soccer the right way, and to improve your soccer skills, you won’t find a better soccer training program.