The “Launch Error: EasyAntiCheat Not Installed” error is caused by Fortnite not being able to load the “Easy Anti-Cheat” engine which is shipped with the game.
Whilst the error will prevent the game from loading correctly, it’s not generally caused by any deep aspect of your system.
To this end, resolving the problem should be relatively simple. If not, it may take some extra steps to get it working properly.
The main cause of the error is that the Easy Anti-Cheat application is not present.
To fix this, you need to ensure that your system is able to a) access it b) run it.
The message which appears with this error includes:
Couldn’t start the game
Please help us by reporting this issue: Error code 20006
The specific causes of the problem are:
- Fortnite cannot run Easy Anti-Cheat
- Windows has deeper issues with its files / settings
The way to solve the problem is to re-install the Anti-Cheat service, as well as then ensuring the game is working properly.
This is a simple process:
1. Reinstall Easy Anti-Cheat
The first step is to ensure the EAC is working properly.
To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Browse to “C:Program FilesEpic GamesFortniteFortniteGameBinariesWin64EasyAntiCheat” on your hard drive (wherever installed)
- Click on “EasyAntiCheat_Setup”
- Click on “Repair Service”
- Try loading it again
If it works after this, it means the problem can be considered resolved.
If it doesn’t work, you may need to perform a “verify” repair on the system.
2. Verify Game Files
The next step is to verify the Fortnite installation.
This is relatively simple –
- Load the Epic Games Launcher
- Click on “Fortnite”
- Select the “cog” next to the green “Launch” button
- From the drop-down menu, select “verify”
- Let the process run
- Restart your system
- Try playing it again
After doing this, if the game works, the problem should be fixed.
3. Re-Install VC++
If the above two steps don’t work (they should), Visual C++ might be to blame.
Visual C++ is a library which Microsoft created & distributes for software developers to use.
It basically provides extra functionality to applications.
Whilst the system is effective, it ha a propensity to become problematic – often showcasing errors and problems etc.
To ensure this is not a problem for your system, you need to remove any instances of the VC++ redistributable package on your system and then replace it with a fresh version:
- In Windows 7, click on “Start”, then “Control Panel” and finally “Programs and Features”
- In Windows 10, right-click on the “Start” button, select “Apps and Features”
- From the list that appears, scroll to the “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable” listings
- Note down which ones you have installed (pay particular attention to the year and architecture)
- After doing this, browse to the Internet and look up “Visual C++ downloads”
- Click on the Microsoft link entitled “Latest Supported Visual C++ downloads”
- Download fresh copies of each of the packages you listed
- Once this is complete, uninstall each package from your system
- Restart your PC
- Install each new VC++ package (order does not matter)
- Restart your PC again
- Try playing the game again
If any further issues are encountered, it means you have deeper problems with Windows.
To solve these, you may be better talking to someone with more specific experience with your system. This can come in many different forms, from online communities to paying for professional help.